Feeling down lately? You might be going through a lack of hormone balance or low levels of testosterone. But, please do not hit the “panic button” just yet, there is a way out when some changes work as hormone booster on your life.
Let us do the first things, first!
To increase testosterone naturally you should adopt a diet rich in zinc. The increase of this hormone stimulates libido and fertility, in addition to promoting hair growth and turning bones stronger, having benefits in men and women, considering the correct values for each sex, which can be discovered through a blood test.
Normally, testosterone should be increased when its values are less than 300ng per dL, but treatment should only be started at the endocrinologist’s recommendation and in some cases, it may be necessary to use supplements or to apply injections, gels or adhesives.
However, some other means that help produce normal hormonal amounts is having a good night’s sleep and controlling levels of stress. Alternatively, some small chances in life style, for instance, can also work wonders as hormone booster.
When we get to acceptable hormonal levels, testosterone leads to low body fat and promotes increased muscle mass, making the body stronger and defined.
How to increase testosterone levels naturally
1. Diet rich in zinc, vitamin A and D
To increase testosterone you should:
– Eat foods rich in zinc, such as oysters, liver, beans, nuts or sunflower seeds, for example;
– Eat foods rich in vitamin D such as salmon, sardines or egg. In addition, it is also important to expose to the sun daily, before 11am and after 4pm, for at least 1 hour;
– Eat foods rich in vitamin A such as mango, spinach, tomato or fish oil.
– Reduce consumption of foods with sugar and soy because they can lead to a decrease in testosterone levels.
– However, before adopting a proper diet you should go and see a nutritionist to create a menu according to your personal needs and preference. Do not take matters into your own hands.
– Consume natural testosterone supplements for men.
2. Physical exercises, weight lifting at the gym
Bodybuilding exercises at the gym with weights promote testosterone production and therefore, you should perform daily intense physical activity for at least 30 minutes using dumbbells, bars and elastics. In addition, this type of exercise promotes fat burning and leads to increased lean mass.
3. Sleep well every day
A good night’s sleep, sleeping more than 5 hours in a row, increases the production of testosterone and decreases the levels of cortisol, which is the stress hormone, and when reaching high levels leads to weight gain which is also a factor for the decrease in testosterone.
In addition, you should spend 2 hours a day relaxing and engaging in leisure activities such as reading, watching TV or sightseeing. Just a stroll around the block, or a walk in the park might do you good. Low levels of stress are always added benefits to the equation!
4. Maintain adequate weight
To avoid low levels of testosterone, one should maintain adequate body weight, with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of less than 29, and in order not to develop obesity one should eat a balanced diet and be active doing some exercises.
Please NOTE: In some cases, it may be necessary to take testosterone supplements to increase levels, especially when they are too low. All supplements recommended as hormone boosters must contain only natural ingredients in its formula.
Signs that you need to increase testosterone
Some symptoms that may indicate low testosterone levels:
– Little sexual interest;
– Constantly forgetting;
– Frequent tiredness;
– Mood changes, prevailing symptoms of depression;
– Difficulty in having a muscular body and accumulation of fat;
– Loss of facial hair and on private parts;
– Difficulty falling asleep and restlessness at night;
– Brittle bones and osteoporosis development.
Generally, it is necessary to have more than one associated symptom and, in case the doctor suspects low testosterone, may indicate a blood test to confirm suspicion and follow up with proper treatment.